Since only 90 days are left for the preparation of GATE 2014 many of us might be worrying what should be our strategy to crack GATE exam in this short span of time. Here we are to reduce your worries and present some tips that might help you out during your preparation time.
I have divided the preparation session in four phases:
Phase 1(3 months before GATE exam):
1. First and most important part for cracking GATE examination is analyzing which subject has the maximum weightage and try to cover them first.
2. Do more of theory in the initial phase and just a few questions based on them so that you can understand them in a better way.
3. Make your notes simultaneously so that you can revise them few days before the exam and can save much of your time.
4. Make list of your weak subjects and focus more on them.
Phase 2(2 months before GATE exam):
1. This is the time when you should start solving previous year papers and focus more on numerical.
2. Spend more time on the subjects that carry maximum weightage. Only after covering them move towards the rest.
3. Have a habit of revising your notes in your free time so that it becomes easy to recall at the time of exam.
4. Try to read atleast two different topics/subjects in a day so that you can finish two topics/subjects simultaneously without losing interest.
- Also Read: GATE FAQ ‘s All you need to know about GATE
Phase 3(1months before GATE exam):
1. Spend atleast 1 hour daily for revision.
2.The time left after practice and revision session should be devoted to weak topics/subjects.
1.Your focus has to be on solving GATE type questions accurately. Whenever you are unable to solve the questions, refer to the relevant theory and notes. No new topics in last days.
2. Give full 15-20 days in revising whatever you studied for GATE examination till that time. Take test regularly-
3. Take proper sleep on last night of exam and if possible make yourself entertain on last evening of the exam, do whatever you like. No early wake -up on the day of exam 6-7 AM is quite OK and don’t take tension for the exam, be confident on your preparation.
ALL THE BEST