GATE 2013 exam is over now. You must have checked the solutions and answer keys of GATE CS 2013 The question paper of computer science and IT branch was tough comparing to the previous years. This year the question paper was prepared by IIT Bombay. We talked to many students to get their feedback on this year GATE CS Question paper and for majority of students the question paper was tough.
Let us first analyse the questions that came from different subjects this year.
|Subject||GATE 2011||GATE 2012||GATE 2013|
|Theory of Computation||9||6||8|
- Mathematics = Engg. Maths + Discrete Maths
- Computer Network = Computer Network + Web Technology
The number of questioned appeared from different subjects is in line, with the questions came from various subjects in previous years. Software Engineering and Web technology has more questions this year comparing to last 5 years.
Now the Aptitude,Reasoning , English, Maths , Operating System and Computer Organization and data structure has the highest weightage in the GATE 2013 CS exam. Questions of around 50 marks came in question paper. After having feedback on these subjects from various candidates we can say that
- Aptitude Reasoning and English Part was easy
- The engineering maths part was easy but the discrete maths part was tough, all together we can conclude maths part was moderate
- 1 marks questions from digital logic were easy, but 2 marks questions were relatively tough, Combining both Digital Logic part was moderate
- The questions of computer architect were tough
- Questions of operating system were tough
- DBMS was easy and TOC was moderate
Considering all the above facts and feedback received, we can say GATE CS 2013 was tough than year 2012.
Expected Cutt off
The number of students who attended GATE 2013 is around 30% higher than 2012. The number of female candidates is specially quite high than last year. We expect the cut off to be lower than previous year this time and expect it to be around 26 marks