C programming is one the subject which has a high weight in Competitive exams like GATE . It not just important for GATE but also for recruitment exams for various IT and software companies . If you know the basics of C and your concepts are clear then you can easily solve questions related to C programming . GATE mentors recommend students to attempt more programming questions as it requires less time to solve them .
There are lots of books which you can refer to start learning C language . If you are new to programming I would recommend you to start with “Let us C by Yeshwant Kanetkar” . After that, you can go ahead with any other book like “ANCI C by Balagurusamy” or “Exploring C ” . To achieve the perfection improve your further C programming skills by reading “The C Programming Language by Dennis Ritchie” and “Test your C Skills by Yeshwant ”
Along with this search the internet for things you think is difficult to understand .
The important books for C programming are .
1.Let US C by Yaswant Kanetkar
2. Test your C Skills by Yaswant Kanetkar
3. Exploring C By Yashwant Kanetkar
4. C the complete reference by Herbert Schildt
5. SCHAUM’S OUTLINE OF PROGRAMMING WITH C BY BYRON. GOTTFRIED
6. The C Programming Language by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis Ritchie
7. Concepts of Programming Languages,by Robert W. Sebesta.