Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RTI Certification Exam Answer keys
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
RTI Certification Exam Answer keys
MODULE - 1, CHAPTER - 1
Quiz Question #1: Which was the first country in the World to have enacted a legislation for providing for citizens` RTI?
Your Answer: A. Sweden
Correct Answer: A. Sweden
Reason: Correct. Sweden did so as far back as in December 1766.

Quiz Question #2: Which of these countries does not have a comprehensive right to / freedom of legislation information yet?
Your Answer: D. Neither
Correct Answer: D. Neither
Reason: Correct. All the countries have comprehensive RTI / FoI legislations

Quiz Question #3: How many countries in the world have Freedom of Information or Right to Information legislations / regimes?
Your Answer: D. Over 80
Correct Answer: D. Over 80
Reason: Correct.

MODULE - 1, CHAPTER - 2
Quiz Question #1: With the `RTI Act, 2005` covering almost all the States in the country now it is expected that
Your Answer: B. Openness is the norm
Correct Answer: D. a and b together
Reason: Incorrect. The correct answer is d. - a. and b. together

Quiz Question #2: Which organisation is known to have taken up the first grassroots initiative for people`s RTI?
Your Answer: C. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan` (MKSS)
Correct Answer: C. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan` (MKSS)

Quiz Question #3: Consider the following points about the `Freedom of Information Act of India. i) It was enacted in 1996. ii) It was enacted in 2003. iii) It never came into force. iv) It came into force only in a few States. Which of these points are true?
Your Answer: C. ii) & iii)
Correct Answer: C. ii) & iii)

MODULE - 1, CHAPTER - 3
Quiz Question #1: The `Preamble` of the `RTI Act, 2005` says that "informed citizenry and transparency of information" are vital to
Your Answer: D. All the above.
Correct Answer: D. All the above.

Quiz Question #2: Disclosure on the Internet is an important feature of proactive disclosure by a Public Authority under `RTI Act, 2005`
Your Answer: A. Yes.
Correct Answer: A. Yes.

Quiz Question #3: Definition of "Information" under the `RTI Act` includes:
Your Answer: D. a & b and other material as well.
Correct Answer: D. a & b and other material as well.

MODULE - 2, CHAPTER - 1
Quiz Question #1: Rules can be made by Appropriate Governments or Competent Authorities by notifying the rules: i) in the Official Gazette. ii) by publishing them on the website of the Appropriate Government. iii) by publishing them on the websites of Information Commissions - as applicable.
Your Answer: A. i) as per the `RTI Act, 2005`
Correct Answer: A. i) as per the `RTI Act, 2005`

Quiz Question #2: The guidelines to be published and updated by an Appropriate Government should cover, among other things: i) Objects of the `RTI Act, 2005`. ii) manner and form of making a request to PIOs. iii) Assistance available form Central / State Information Commission.
Your Answer: A. All i), ii) & iii).
Correct Answer: A. All i), ii) & iii).

Quiz Question #3: For the PIO to disclose certain information, the Competent Authority should be satisfied that larger public interest warrants its disclosure. This information pertains to: i) commercial confidence. ii) trade secrets. iii) intellectual property. iv) information available to a person in his fiduciary relationship.
Your Answer: B. All i), ii), iii) & iv).
Correct Answer: B. All i), ii), iii) & iv).

MODULE - 2, CHAPTER - 2
Quiz Question #1: For what reasons can a PIO reject an RTI request under the `RTI Act, 2005`?
Your Answer: A. Any reason(s) as specified in S(s). 8 and / or 9 i.e information exempted under the `RTI Act, 2005`.
Correct Answer: A. Any reason(s) as specified in S(s). 8 and / or 9 i.e information exempted under the `RTI Act, 2005`.

Quiz Question #2: What is the time limit for a `Public Information Officer` for providing requested information concerning the life and liberty of a person?
Your Answer: C. It has to be provided within 48 hours.
Correct Answer: C. It has to be provided within 48 hours.
Reason: Correct. Section 7(1) of the `RTI Act, 2005` states, among other things, that "… where information sought for concers the life and liberty of a person, the same shall be provided within forty-eight hours of the receipt of the request". The answer is c - It has to be provided within 48 hours

Quiz Question #3: There is an upper limit for the number of PIOs and APIOs to be appointed by a Public Authority (PA) as per the `RTI Act, 2005`.
Your Answer: B. No. There is no such limit, whatsoever, as per the `RTI Act, 2005`
Correct Answer: B. No. There is no such limit, whatsoever, as per the `RTI Act, 2005`

MODULE - 2, CHAPTER - 3
Quiz Question #1: The time limit specified in the `RTI Act, 2005` for the Central / State Information Commissions to decide on complaints is
Your Answer: A. No such time limit has been specified.
Correct Answer: A. No such time limit has been specified.

Quiz Question #2: (Second) Appeals on information pertaining to a person`s life and liberty should be decided by Information Commissions within
Your Answer: B. 48 hours.
Correct Answer: D. No such time limit has been specified.
Reason: Incorrect. The answer is d. - No such time limit has been specified.

Quiz Question #3: There could be a time limit for deciding appeals of a `Third Party` by an Information Commission
Your Answer: D. There is no such provision for time limit for hearing third party`s appeals at all in the `RTI Act, 2005`.
Correct Answer: D. There is no such provision for time limit for hearing third party`s appeals at all in the `RTI Act, 2005`.

MODULE - 3, CHAPTER - 1
Quiz Question #1: Notice of an application involving 3rd party information should be given to the 3rd party
Your Answer: B. within 30 days of receipt of the application.
Correct Answer: C. within 5 days of receipt of the application.
Reason: Incorrect. The answer is c. - within 5 days of receipt of the application.

Quiz Question #2: An RTI application can be sent
Your Answer: D. Through any of these means.
Correct Answer: D. Through any of these means.

Quiz Question #3: Which of the following are true?
Your Answer: D. All are true.
Correct Answer: D. All are true.

MODULE - 3, CHAPTER - 2
Quiz Question #1: A First Appellate Authority receives appeals that are i) Submitted directly by the appellant. ii) Forwarded by an Assistant Public Officer. iii) Those received by a Public Information Officer and forwarded as deemed fit by her / him. iv) delayed beyond a period of 1 year at the Information Commission as applicable.
Your Answer: A. All i), ii), iii) & iv).
Correct Answer: D. Only i) & ii).
Reason: Incorrect. The answer is d. - Only i) & ii).

Quiz Question #2: The First Appellate Authority has the discretion to admit appeals preferred by a third party after 30 days
Your Answer: B. There is no such discretion available to the First Appellate Authority.
Correct Answer: B. There is no such discretion available to the First Appellate Authority.

Quiz Question #3: The First Appellate Authority should decide on first appeals i) within 30 days from the receipt of the first appeals. ii) in less number of days that the PIO concerned took to take a decision on the application. iii) within 45 days from the date of receipt of the appeal, if the reasons are recorded.
Your Answer: C. Only i) & iii).
Correct Answer: C. Only i) & iii).

MODULE - 3, CHAPTER - 3
Quiz Question #1: The grounds for a complaint could be i) being asked to pay an unreasonablevamount of fee. ii) being given incomplete or false information. iii) any matter relating to requesting or obtaining access to records.

Quiz Question #2: While inquiring into a complaint, Information Commissions have the power to i) summon and enforce attendance of persons. ii) compel them to give evidence on oath and produce documents or things. iii) Require discovery and inspection of documents.
Your Answer: C. All i), ii) & iii).
Correct Answer: C. All i), ii) & iii).

Quiz Question #3: Which of the following are true about an inquiry carried out by an Information Commission? i) It may examine any record to which the `RTI Act, 2005` applies. ii) No such record can be witheld from it (irrespective of any provision of any Act passed by the Parliament or the State Legislature). iii) IC has the powers of a Civil Court trying a suit under the Code of Civil Procedure.
Your Answer: D. All i), ii) & iii).
Correct Answer: D. All i), ii) & iii).

MODULE - 4, CHAPTER - 1
Quiz Question #1: Of the following, information not exempted from disclosure is:
Your Answer: C. Information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature.
Correct Answer: C. Information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature.

Quiz Question #2: PIO should disclose information exempted in S. 8(1) if public interest in disclosure outweighs the harm to the protected interests.
Your Answer: B. Yes.
Correct Answer: B. Yes.

Quiz Question #3: Whose decision shall be final regarding computation of the period of 20 years as the time period till which information is to be given?
Your Answer: C. Central Government.
Correct Answer: C. Central Government.

MODULE - 4, CHAPTER - 2
Quiz Question #1: The Second Schedule of the RTI Act, 2005 lists
Your Answer: A. the intelligence and security organisations established by the Central Government that are exempted from the purview of the `RTI Act, 2005`.
Correct Answer: A. the intelligence and security organisations established by the Central Government that are exempted from the purview of the `RTI Act, 2005`.

Quiz Question #2: The Second Schedule of the RTI Act, 2005 can be amended by
Your Answer: B. the Central Government.
Correct Answer: B. the Central Government.

Quiz Question #3: According to the `RTI Act, 2005`, as far as exempted organisations are concerned, the exemption applies to i) certain organisations of the Central Government as listed in the 2nd Schedule and to the information submitted by these organisations to this Government. ii) certain organisations of the State Governments as may be notified by them in the Official Gazette, but NOT to the information furnished by these organisations to the respective State Governments.
Your Answer: C. Both i) & ii) are true.
Correct Answer: C. Both i) & ii) are true.

MODULE - 4, CHAPTER - 3
Quiz Question #1: What is the time span mentioned in the `RTI Act, 2005` for making orders for removing difficulties in giving effect to the provisions of the `RTI Act, 2005`?
Your Answer: A. 2 years from the commencement of the Act.
Correct Answer: A. 2 years from the commencement of the Act.

Quiz Question #2: Consider the following statements about "Bar on jurisdiction of courts" vis-avis the `RTI Act, 2005`. i) No court shall entertain any suit, application or other proceeding in respect of any order made under this Act. ii) No such order shall be called in question otherwise than by way of an appeal under this Act. Which of these statements is true?
Your Answer: D. Both i) & ii) are true.
Correct Answer: D. Both i) & ii) are true.

Quiz Question #3: As per the `RTI Act, 2005`, the order containing provisions for removing difficulties in giving effect to the provisions of the Act
Your Answer: D. All a,b & c.
Correct Answer: D. All a,b & c.

HmmAsleep

Founder Cyber Law Consultant
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

19-06-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: RTI Certification Exam Answer keys
Module 1, Chapter 2
Quiz Question #1: The objective(s) of the `RTI Act, 2005` is / are
Your Answer: D. Both a and b
Correct Answer: D. Both a and b

Quiz Question #2: Which organisation is known to have taken up the first grassroots initiative for people`s RTI?
Your Answer: C. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan` (MKSS)
Correct Answer: C. Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sanghatan` (MKSS)

Quiz Question #3: Which was the State in which local authorities started providing people access to certain information related to the `Public Distribution System` (PDS) even before the State Assembly introduced / passed an RTI Act?
Your Answer: B. Madhya Pradesh
Correct Answer: B. Madhya Pradesh
Reason: Correct. It happened in Madhya Pradesh in certain places like Bilaspur and Korba. This was before the State of Chhattisgarh was carved out of Madhya Pradesh in November 2000. The Madhya Pradesh Assembly passed the RTI Act in 2002.

19-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Module 1, Chapter 3
Quiz Question #1: How many chapters does the `RTI Act, 2005` have?
Your Answer: A. 6
Correct Answer: A. 6

Quiz Question #2: How many sections does the `RTI Act, 2005` have?
Your Answer: C. 31
Correct Answer: C. 31

Quiz Question #3: Indian citizens have the right to information because of
Your Answer: C. a law passed by the Parliament of India.
Correct Answer: C. a law passed by the Parliament of India.

19-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Module 2, Chapter 1
Quiz Question #1: Which of the following has not been defined as a Competent Authority by the `RTI Act, 2005`- i) Chairman of Rajya Sabha in the case of Council of States. ii) Government of India iii) Chief Justice of a High Court in the case of a High Court.
Your Answer: C. Only ii)
Correct Answer: C. Only ii)

Quiz Question #2: Appropriate Government and Competent Authority as envisaged under the `RTI Act, 2005`
Your Answer: D. are not the same.
Correct Answer: D. are not the same.

Quiz Question #3: The guidelines to be published and updated by an Appropriate Government should cover, among other things: i) Objects of the `RTI Act, 2005`. ii) manner and form of making a request to PIOs. iii) Assistance available form Central / State Information Commission.

19-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Module 2, Chapter 2
Quiz Question #1: The communication from a PIO rejecting a request under `RTI Act, 2005` should contain
Your Answer: D. All the above
Correct Answer: D. All the above
Reason: Correct. This has been stipulated by S. 7(8) of the `RTI Act, 2005`

Quiz Question #2: The `RTI Act, 2005` stipulates that a Public Authority should transfer an RTI application or a part thereof to another Public Authority if the application or a part of it pertains to information
Your Answer: C. Both a. and b.
Correct Answer: C. Both a. and b.
Reason: Correct. This has been stipulated by S. 6(3) of the `RTI Act, 2005`

Quiz Question #3: The Act requires the designation within a `Public Authority` of
Your Answer: D. All the above
Correct Answer: D. All the above

Module 2, Chapter 3
Quiz Question #1: The maximum number of years that a person can be a Chief Information Commisioner and / or Information Commissioner is
Your Answer: B. 5
Correct Answer: B. 5

Quiz Question #2: The total number of State Information Commissions constituted under the `RTI Act, 2005` in the country are
Your Answer: B. 27
Correct Answer: B. 27

Quiz Question #3: There could be a time limit for deciding appeals of a `Third Party` by an Information Commission
Your Answer: D. There is no such provision for time limit for hearing third party`s appeals at all in the `RTI Act, 2005`.
Correct Answer: D. There is no such provision for time limit for hearing third party`s appeals at all in the `RTI Act, 2005`.

19-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Module 4, Chapter 3
Quiz Question #1: After the enactment of the `RTI Act, 2005`, what is the status of the `Freedom of Information Act, 2002`?
Your Answer: C. It has been repealed.
Correct Answer: C. It has been repealed.

Quiz Question #2: What is the time span mentioned in the `RTI Act, 2005` for making orders for removing difficulties in giving effect to the provisions of the `RTI Act, 2005`?
Your Answer: D. 20 years from the commencement of the Act.
Correct Answer: A. 2 years from the commencement of the Act.
Reason: The answer is a. - Two years from the commencement of the Act.

Quiz Question #3: As per the `RTI Act, 2005`, the order containing provisions for removing difficulties in giving effect to the provisions of the Act
Your Answer: D. All a,b & c.
Correct Answer: D. All a,b & c.
Reason: Correct